Saturday, April 13, 2013

Week # 2 Recipe Challenge- Olive Oil Cake

Admittedly, I am not a great baker. It seems I am incapable of looking at a recipe of any kind and sticking to it. I always want to change or add something which is a good thing (mostly) in cooking but not so much in baking.
I decided to follow this recipe from Chow and see what happens when you actually follow directions.
Well folks-guess what? I would change a few things. If you decide to make it I would add more zest maybe even twice as much and also add a teaspoon of almond extract. The taste from the Amaretto is not quite enough almond flavor for me.
That being said, we really enjoyed this dense, barely sweet, rustic cake with our afternoon coffee.

BTW-the preserved lemons are looking good, happily marinating in their salty sweet juice. A few more weeks and I think they will be ready to sample.....

No comments:

Post a Comment